Cyprus has always been considered as an ideal destination for Permanent Residence by Non-EU Nationals. An Immigration Permit under Regulation 6(2) gives Non-EU nationals the right to permanently reside in Cyprus.
The permit is valid for the entire family including dependent children over 18 years of age, subject to certain conditions being fulfilled. Furthermore, the process is extremely straightforward and can even be arranged through your representative, without your physical presence in Cyprus.
(A) Investment in a house/apartment:
Purchase of a house or apartment by a Land Development company, which should relate to a first sale of at least €300,000 (plus VAT).
(B) Investment in real estate (excluding houses/apartments):
Purchase of other types of real estate, such as offices, shops, hotels or similar developments, or a combination thereof with a total value of €300,000. Resales are acceptable.
(C) Investment in the share capital of a Cyprus Company with activities and staff in Cyprus:
An investment worth €300,000 in the share capital of a company registered in the Republic of Cyprus, which is based and operates in the Republic of Cyprus and has a proven physical presence in Cyprus and employs at least five (5) people.
(D) Investment in units of a Cyprus Collective Investment Organization (type AIF, AIFLNP, RAIF):
An investment worth €300,000 in units of a Cyprus Collective Investment Organization.
- Simple criteria, compared to other destinations
- Process can be conducted from abroad
- 100% approval rate if all criteria are fulfilled
- Quick approval within 3 to 8 weeks maximum
- Lifetime residency for the whole family
- No language proficiency, academic qualifications or physical examination required
- Requirement for a short visit once every two years
- Schengen visa can be arranged in Cyprus within 7 days and is valid for 2 years
- Freehold property ensures permanent property rights and the opportunity to generate rental income